It seems there are many bbs discussion forums out there for specific types of music; jazz forums, rock forums, funk forums, electronica forums, but what about all those people who like music from a variety of different genres? Shouldn’t it be possible to chat about all genres in a single place?
For example, most “rockers” I know also like some hip-hop, funk or jazz… most “electronica fans” that I’ve met also like a bit of classical or a few metal albums…. in fact, most people like at least some music from outside their “safety zone”.
Well, this is the place for people to swap recommendations, make new discoveries, find music they otherwise might never hear and share their tastes with others.
The Real Music Forum has been set up for those that want to find the best music the world has to offer – has ever had to offer – regardless of genre.
If it’s good music, tell us about it - tell the WORLD about it in our forums
- our favourite music recommendations from across the whole musical spectrum. Regardless of genre, great music is great music, and we’ve picked out a select few of our favourite bands, artists, albums and songs for you to read about, hear, and hopefully enjoy
- articles relating to music history, including the origins of funk music and the unfortunate demise of one of the world’s most popular recording studios
- View all forums. Or just pick one from below if you know what you’re looking for already
- Chat about anything you like… tThe weather, the news, something that has made you laugh or cry recently, movies, books, hi-fi, or anything at all that doesn’t fit in the other forums
- Chat about rock music, metal, punk and their subgenres. Who are the best live rock bands you’ve seen? What’s the best metal album? Which punk recordings would you listen to through your prized hifi? Join the discussion now!
- Chat about jazz music, funk music and their subgenres. Got a penchant for fusion? Does jazz-funk put a dip in your hip and a glide to your stride? Have your say on your favourite jazz, funk and soul artists and find out about any great recordings you might’ve missed!
- Chat about indie music, alternative music and their subgenres. Will pop really eat itself? Are you still supping on The Wonder Stuff or inspired by Inspiral Carpets? Then this is the place for you!
- Chat about dance music, electronica, hip-hop and their subgenres. Rap about rap, if you like! [Ahem. Apologies, the slogan writer responsible for that awful pun has just been fired.]
- Chat about reggae music, ska, dub and their subgenres. Whether you’re in it for the chilled vibes or you can’t help but pogo, the backbeats or the upstrokes, the brass or the grass, here’s your new home!
- Chat about classical music, opera and their subgenres. Whether you’re a season ticket holder at Symphony Hall or a closet film score fan, classical and opera tend to have something for just about everyone. Come and tell us your views!